I’m still going to share some recipes with you! I would share the ones that didn’t work, but I mean that doesn’t really help anyone does it?
These Almond Bounty Bites are raw, vegan and gluten free; such a rare combination and they are also really tasty and quick to make.
I sort of followed a recipe but the fact is that I never have the exact ingredients a recipe asks for, so I improvise! The original asked for whole nuts to be crushed up/blended, but I only had almond meal and that seemed to work fine, so here is my version:
Raw Vegan Chocolate-Coconut Bliss Bites
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, plus extra for decorating
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- chopped dates (20 small or 12 large)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- You can soak the dates in water for an hour first, but I didn’t do this and it worked fine, Make sure the seeds are removed though.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor; use a teaspoon to portion the mixture into little balls (you can just use your hands but i found this way made less mess!)
- roll the balls in the remaining shredded coconut, and put on a plate – put in the fridge for an hour or so to help them stay firm.